Now That I Mention It

Monday, November 20, 2006

It's My Pity Party and I'll Cry If I Want To

I just walked out of my kitchen and realized that I had just thrown together a pot of vegetable soup and a small pan of cornbread. I also realized that was my birthday dinner. No one offered to take me out to dinner, no one offered me even a small piece of cake. My mother couldn't be bothered to miss her Monday night cluck fest at her friend's house. My gifts were literally tossed at me without benefit of wrapping paper and I didn't even get a card from my kids. I've talked to my dad on the phone 3 times today and he has yet to tell me "Happy Birthday".

3 Comments:

  • The benefit, I suppose, of not having an actual birthday a majority of the time, February 29th.

    I am hopeful you had much to be thankful for on this holiday. Noting, it's still Thursday night to me. And that when next year rolls around there will be that much more to bring you joy.

    Belated Happy Birthday
    from your friend, Kilroy_60

    By Blogger Kilroy_60, at Thursday, November 23, 2006  

  • Not much worse than a forgotten birthday! Or an ill-remembered one! I'm sorry! And, totally understand the pity party as well.

    Hope things have gotten better!

    -llm.

    By Blogger Unknown, at Monday, November 27, 2006  

  • Hi! I believe in saying hello to the blogs I visit. I've been surfing around the chacha guides and saw your profile so I thought I'd pop over to your blog.

    Nice to meet you!

    By Blogger Rashenbo, at Thursday, February 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Meet Singles Online
Meet Singles Online