Now That I Mention It

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Check Your Ta-Tas!!



As October passes and I see a proliferation of pink ribbons everywhere I go, I feel compelled to remind every woman I know that early detection is currently our best weapon in the fight against breast cancer.

Check your breasts, schedule your exams and mammograms and make sure your ta-tas are healthy!!

My mother-in-law died of breast cancer in 1994 at the age of 52. This insidious disease robbed her of the opportunity to ever see the beautiful girls Blaire, Zoe and Brynne and of course the handsome Zachary. Brooke was not even a year old when her grandmother died.

Don't think you are too young. Don't think it can't happen to you. It can.

Show your family how much you love them, take care of your health!

4 Comments:

  • Excellent reminder, thank you! Also, great little tag for it -- take care of your ta-tas! :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at Monday, October 09, 2006  

  • It is frequently ignored that men are subject to breast cancer.

    Having lost the light of my life to breast cancer, I can only say that all of these efforts are appreciated.

    My hope is that as October passes, the effort to keep this issue at the forefront will continue.

    By Blogger Kilroy_60, at Wednesday, October 11, 2006  

  • Hi
    You're absolutely right - so often we shunt the idea of cancer aside until it slams into our face, Shakes our shoulders and challenges us to a fight. Once that point's reached, it's all about doing our best to live with it. It is so much better to talk openly about it, and remember that each and every one of us could be affected (it's not only 'someone else'.
    I won't be doing my bit until December (few days before Christmas) but, I'm working on the 'raising awareness' until then in my blog.
    Take care

    By Blogger Annelisa, at Monday, October 23, 2006  

  • Thanks for this. It's much appreciated. I wanted to mention, also, I have a referral for you to have more work published.

    By Blogger Kilroy_60, at Monday, October 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Meet Singles Online
Meet Singles Online