Now That I Mention It

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Be it ever so humble...

There is truly no place like home.

After a weekend road trip to North Dallas, nothing looked as good as my house, my garage, my kitchen, my bed....well you get the picture. We love our friends there and we always have a wonderful time. There is play time for all the kids, swimming, and shopping for mom, as well as a chance for me to reconnect with my two best friends from childhood.

Still, no matter that it's a bit messy or that there is going to be laundry out the wazoo, home is still the best. We missed our furry girls. Although to be honest Blossom, is sporting a little less fur these days since we took her for her summer shearing. She seems a little bit humiliated now that she is sans most of her lengthy coat, but I would be willing to bet she is cooler.

Of course, the dogs miss us too. Minnie refuses to eat when are not around. This presented a problem during our twelve day trip to DisneyWorld. Lucky for her she and Blossom were being pampered by my dad all weekend. Dogs at his house eat better than royalty.

We had a busy weekend going to Dave and Busters for a bank-account-busting evening of games, swimming several times and shopping. By 12:30 this afternoon after I had been drug through Build-a-Bear Workshop I was more than ready to see the Oklahoma state line.

As Zac, in all his 6 year old wisdom, put it as we walked through the door. "Ahhhhhh, home sweet home."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Meet Singles Online
Meet Singles Online