Now That I Mention It

Sunday, July 16, 2006

If it's too loud, you're too old....


(photo by soonerluv)


and apparently, I'm too old.

My mom and I took Zoe to OKC to see Teddy Geiger in concert last night. For those of you who don't know him, he is the up and coming "Shaun Cassidy" of her generation. Truthfully, the boy is smoking hot, which is great if you're a 17 year old girl, but it just makes me feel like a dirty old woman.

It was rather a long evening. We arrived at the venue at 6:00 p.m. to wait in line in the 100+ degree heat. At 7:00 p.m. the doors opened and we were finally in some semblance of air conditioned comfort. At 8:00 we were treated to a loca OKC band called (I think) "Fifth Sunday". They were really very good. Lest we forget, OKC has produced some awesome bands. The Flaming Lips come quickly to mind.

At 9:00 we were graced with the presence of a band called "Dirtie Blonde" and they were actually quite good as well. They had a great female singer. I was pretty impressed with the quality of the opening acts since I have seen some before that were just embarrassingly bad.

FINALLY! 10:00 and here comes Teddy to the screams of his adoring teen fans and more than a few middle age women. We were rocked, we were serenaded. After a word with one of the security guards at the door, Teddy wished a "Happy Birthday" to a certain someone in the crowd. It was all very cool and hopefully I will have my hearing back in a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Meet Singles Online
Meet Singles Online