Now That I Mention It

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Fort

(Bloggers note: I came across a file full of writings and poetry that I did in '83-'87 when I was somewhere between 14 and 18 years old. I am posting some of them here. The following was written c. 1984 and must have been done for a school assignment because there is a lovely red "A" at the top.)

The Fort

I remember how you looked
standing upon the pile
of wood.
Wearing patched jeans
and jacket,
your toy gun in hand.
And I remember how you looked
standing on the creek bank
right before we pushed you in.
I can still see us sneaking out,
egging cars as they drove past.
In my heart I can feel the rush
of first love once again.
But most of all, I can still see the look.
It filled your eyes with rage.
You hated me.
Then together,
with destruction in our hearts,
we tore it down.
We destroyed the fort,
with our love,
and our hate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Meet Singles Online
Meet Singles Online